1/2 c margarine
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 ¼ c flour (add 2 tbsp. if too sticky at the end)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. of cinnamon
4 tbsp. of sugar (for rolling dough in )
1. In a large bowl, cream the margarine, sugar and egg with wooden spoon until smooth.
2. Measure flour, salt, and baking powder into a small bowl.
3. Add the flour mix into the sugar, shortening and egg mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. Add vanilla and stir again.
5. Dough should be soft and easy to handle. Add a little more flour (about a tablespoon or so) if dough sticks to your hands.
6. Preheat oven to 400F. Set out cookies sheets lined with foil.
7. Mix sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and set to the side.
8. Roll pieces of dough in to small balls. Roll each ball into the sugar cinnamon mixture. Place on a lined cookie sheet. Place the rack in the middle of the oven.
9. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly brown. Cookies will puff up and then will flatten down and have a crispy top.
10. Let the cookies cool on the rack.